OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- CONTEST DATES: November 3 – November 30, 2018. Submissions will be accepted online through The Phoenix Conservancy website, https://phoenixconservancy.org/, and will be accepted until November 30, 2018, 11:59:59 pm PST.
- DESIGN CONTENT AND PURPOSE: This design contest’s purpose is to provide exposure to early-career designers and to benefit The Phoenix Conservancy’s rainforest restoration project by generating attractive, creative designs for future fundraising and merchandise. Designs should therefore center on one of several main themes:
- Madagascar Wildlife, especially species found in our project site (check out our Creative Inspiration Page for photos and more details).
- Rainforest restoration and regeneration.
- Lemurs (again, especially Ring-tailed Lemurs, Mouse Lemurs, and Dwarf Lemurs, see above).
- Madagascar rainforest plants and flowers.
- Balancing human and community needs with conservation.
- Ecosystem services provided by intact rainforest.
Designs that do not fall into one of the above categories are beyond the scope of this contest, and therefore cannot be considered.
- DETERMINING A WINNER: Winners will be decided by online votes. After being submitted, designs will be displayed at https://phoenixconservancy.org/ for online voting. Anyone can vote for an unlimited number of designs, and votes will tallied from the time the design is submitted until the end of the submission period (November 30, 2018, 11:59:59 pm PST). Following the contest, any artist submitting a design deemed to be of high merit by The Phoenix Conservancy may also potentially be contacted for future design work.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter you must complete the submission form found at https://phoenixconservancy.org/. Image files may be submitted, either as .PNG or .JPEG files. Entrants are not guaranteed to win simply by entering. There is no limit to the number of designs an artist may submit.
- ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to individuals who at the time of entry are legal residents and physically located in the United States, and are 18 years of age or older.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Upon submission, entrants hereby irrevocably grant to The Phoenix Conservancy, a 90-day exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use their Submission on apparel and other promotional products, and thereafter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use their Submission on apparel and other promotional products, and without limitation the right to display, reproduce, recreate, record, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, combine, and exploit without having to give any compensation or attribution to entrants or any third party, except for the awarding of the prizes. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized in connection with their Submission. Entrants must maintain the ability to license or assign all such rights to The Phoenix Conservancy free of any limitations, restrictions or third-party obligations. Further, you authorize The Phoenix Conservancy to post any Submission on their website to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet. Nothing herein shall create an implied or express contract to compensate entrants for their Submissions and there is no obligation for The Phoenix Conservancy to pay or otherwise compensate entrants.
- PRIZES: The first place design winner will be awarded $250 USD, the second place design will be awarded $100 USD, and 4 third place winners will be awarded $50 USD.